Here are my experiences with Windows 10 so far.
1) After a few days it started saying it wasn’t “activated. Some of the things you can usually do stopped working, like personalization. There was nothing I could do. I managed to find a phone number (!), Microsoft support told me I have to reinstall the Windows 7 that came with the computer (not 8) and then update to 10 again. Of course this involves first backing up all my files, and then finding the CDs and reinstalling all my apps, etc. (Note that the place where it says you can revert back to Windows 8 did not work even though it has been less than a month.)
2) Skype doesn’t work. At first it just wouldn’t quit no matter what without a restart. After a while it started not opening much of the time. Then crashing on opening. I could get it to work one out of 4 tries. But then it started crashing during calls.
3) OneDrive decided it isn’t installed anymore, keeps saying install me, won’t install.
4) Here’s the big one. All of a sudden all of my files are “read only.” They can’t be changed back. So I can’t run things like Quicken at all.
5) And now Windows itself just crashes spontaneously, even if the only thing I’m using is Solitaire.
Good thing I have been switching over to a Chromebook. But all my files, Skype and Quicken…
Note – post updated to add the part about Onedrive.