See What Fair Elections Look Like

Dave Robinson of Californians for Electoral Reform (CfER) has created an on-line demonstration of what a ballot might look if our electoral system in California used Instant Runoff Voting (for single seat races) and proportional representation / STV in multi-seat districts for Assembly and Senate, and implemented it live on the web using the open-source Demochoice e-voting software package.
Go cast your vote. … and check out the Center for Voting and Democracy for more information on democracy enhancing electoral systems.

Now, of course, this isn’t a strictly fair representation, as there would be a lot more third party and Green Party candidates to chooce from for State Senate and Assembly, if such a system were in place – since you would only need the support of 20% of the populace to occupy a seat in a 5 or 6 seat district (House and Assembly) – a much more democratic result than the current system, where a victor who earns 45% of the vote in his or her district leaves 55% of the voters unrepresented.
… and of course, the other urgent need for returning fairness to our process of electing representatives is to take money and fundraising prowess out of the equation by implementing Clean Money public financing.