I am joining and writing about the “Keep It Made In America” Town Hall tour. (Click through for more info and a map.) The tour is from October 12-29 and I will be joining from October 13-19, starting tomorrow in Jackson, Michigan.
The official tour announcement:
Creating Jobs Takes Center Stage at “Keep it Made in America” Fall Tour
Town Hall Meetings in 10 States Ask Political Candidates, “How Will You Create Manufacturing Jobs?” October 12th-29th
WASHINGTON, DC. Oct. 4, 2010 – With the midterm election less than five weeks away and all polls showing the economy and jobs topping the list of voter concerns, the Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) has announced its 2010 “Keep it Made in America” Tour. The non-partisan group will hold Town Hall meetings in 10 states to help voters directly question their candidates and elected officials on such key issues as unbalanced trade with China and rebuilding U.S. manufacturing for the global economy.
“A majority of likely voters say the U.S. no longer has the world’s strongest economy and that Washington isn’t doing enough to rebuild manufacturing,” said AAM Executive Director Scott Paul. “People are greatly concerned about our lost standing. They know China is overtaking us, and they want the United States to be number one again.
“We are providing voters with a chance to ask their candidates directly, ‘What are you going to do about restoring manufacturing and the millions of jobs we’ve lost to China,'” Paul said. “We’ve invited the candidates. Let’s see if they’ll face the voters.”
The Town Hall meetings, which will include a panel of local business, labor, and civic leaders, as well as remarks by various federal and statewide elected officials and candidates, will focus on:
· The need to create good jobs for the 21st Century;
· The importance of fighting for manufacturing as the key to any economic recovery; and
· Leveling the playing field for American workers and businesses in the global marketplace.
“The voters get it,” said Paul. “Will the candidates?”
Here is the tour schedule. I will be joining from Jackson, Michigan on October 13, through Canton, Ohio on October 19.
– Oct. 12: Hartford, Conn., 6 p.m.
– Oct. 13: Jackson, Mich., 5:30 p.m.
– Oct. 14: Lorain, Ohio, 5 p.m.
– Oct. 15: Wheeling, W.Va., 5 p.m.
– Oct. 18: Erie, Pa., 5:30 p.m.
– Oct. 19: Canton, Ohio, 5 p.m.
– Oct. 20: Wayne, Pa., 6 p.m.
– Oct. 20: Merrillville, Ind., 5 p.m.
– Oct. 21: Asheville, N.C., 5 p.m.
– Oct. 27: St. Louis, 5 p.m.
– Oct. 28: Concord, N.H., 6 p.m.
– Oct. 29: Wausau, Wis., 5 p.m.
Please come if you can! If you are going to be in one of those towns please come to the Town Hall. Please RSVP here.