The Washington Monthly, through Atrios, talks about an Editor and Publisher story about how the new CBS polls shows that the public is taking the PlameGate story very, very seriously. More seriously than Whitewater, Iran/Contra, even Watergate.
- Plamegate: 86% important 12% not important
- Clinton-Lewinsky: 62% important, 37% not important
- Whitewater: 49% important, 45% not important
- Iran-Contra: 81% important, 19% not important
- Watergate: 78% important, 22% not important
So … how would you compare press covereage of this, compared to, say, “The Clinton Scandals?”