Have you ever been required to click that you agree to an agreement before you can register a domain name, use software, etc?
This is a scam.
I am willing to bet that no human has ever read one of these agreements — and the companies requiring you to agree know this. For example I just renewed a domain name at Network Solutions. Click through to see the agreement and tell me if you believe that any human, anywhere, including any human at Network Solutions, has ever read through to the end of this agreement:
The service agreement you are viewing provides terms and conditions relevant to the products/services you are purchasing. To view a consolidated version of the service agreement, containing the terms and conditions for all products/services sold by Network Solutions at this site, click here.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
General Provisions (Sections 1 – 30)
* Domain Names (nsWebAddress) – Schedule A, B, C1-C12, E, F, G
ALL SERVICES ARE GOVERNED BY THE GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS THAT ARE LISTED BELOW ALONG WITH THE TERMS IN THE APPLICABLE SCHEDULE(S) FOR THE SPECIFIC SERVICES THAT ARE PURCHASED.
This is Service Agreement Version Number 8.2
1. INTRODUCTION. In this Service Agreement (“Agreement”), “you” and “your” refer to each customer (“Customer”) and its agents, including each person listed in your account information as being associated with your account, and “we”, “us” and “our” refer collectively to Network Solutions, LLC and its wholly-owned subsidiaries (“Network Solutions”). This Agreement explains our obligations to you, and your obligations to us in relation to the Network Solutions service(s) you purchase. By purchasing or otherwise applying for Network Solutions service(s), you agree to establish an account with us for such services. When you use your account or permit someone else to use your account to purchase or otherwise acquire access to additional Network Solutions service(s) or to modify or cancel your Network Solutions service(s) (even if we were not notified of such authorization), this Agreement as amended covers any such service or actions. Additionally, you agree that each person listed in your account information as being associated with your account for any services provided to you (including, but not limited to, domain name registration services) is your agent with full authority to act on your behalf with respect to such services in accordance with the permissions granted, and that the Primary Contact and Account Administrative Contact for your account shall have the authority, without limitation, to terminate, transfer (where transfer is permitted by the Agreement), or modify such services or your account information, or purchase additional services. Any acceptance of your application(s) or requests for our services and the performance of our services will occur at our offices in Herndon, Virginia, the location of our principal places of business. Except as otherwise expressly set forth in this Agreement, you agree that if you list, directly or by default, Network Solutions as a contact for your account and/or any of the services in your account, we have the right, without notice, to remove our name and/or information from any such account or service and to replace the same with the name and/or information provided by you for any other contact associated with that account or service.
2. VARIOUS SERVICES. Sections 1 through 30 apply to any and all Network Solutions services that you purchase, whether purchased separately or as a part of a complete solution or package bundle. The terms and conditions set forth in the Schedules of this Agreement apply only to customers who have purchased the Network Solutions services referenced in those Schedules. In the event of any inconsistency between the terms of Sections 1 through 30 and the terms of the Schedules, the terms of the Schedules shall control with regard to the applicable Network Solutions service. IMPORTANT NOTICE CONCERNING SERVICES THAT ARE COMBINED TOGETHER AS A PART OF A BUSINESS SOLUTION: If you purchase Network Solutions services that are sold together as a “bundled” package (e.g., you select nsSpace™ that includes both a domain name (nsWebAddress™) and a Network Solutions Website builder or other services, as opposed to your purchasing such services separately), termination of any part of the services will result in termination of all Network Solutions services provided as part of the bundled package. Please see Section 10(d) of this Agreement for more information. You acknowledge and agree that some or all of the services you purchase or receive from us may be provided by one or more vendors, contractors or affiliates selected by Network Solutions in its sole discretion. As a part of your Services, Network Solutions may provide you access to third party functionality, including, but not limited to applications, widgets, RSS and other types of news, event and industry feeds, calculators, recommended copy, forms and templates that are incorporated or are offered as a part of one or more of the Services (“Third Party Functionality”). Network Solutions does not control such Third Party Functionality and is therefore not liable for any issues of any kind relating to the Third Party Functionality. Network Solutions reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to terminate, suspend, cancel or alter your access to Third Party Functionality at any time.
3. FEES, PAYMENT AND TERM OF SERVICE. As consideration for the services you purchased, you agree to pay Network Solutions the applicable service(s) fees set forth on our Website at the time of your selection, or, if applicable, upon receipt of your invoice from Network Solutions. All fees are due immediately and are non-refundable, except as otherwise expressly noted in one or more of the Schedules to this Agreement or as such fees are billed by Network Solutions under an invoice to a Customer that expressly permits payment for Services by a Customer within thirty (30) days after Network Solutions has sent the Customer such invoice (“Net-30 Customers”). Network Solutions may require a Customer to successfully complete a credit application prior to such Customer qualifying to become a Net-30 Customer. Customers who purchase Service(s) through outbound telemarketing and request cancellation of Service(s) within ten (10) days of purchase are entitled to a refund of all fees. If you qualify, we may extend payment terms to you under our Business Account Credit Program. Network Solutions will charge you a processing fee if you terminate or cancel any package prior to the completion of any limited money-back guarantee time period for that package or service (the “Processing Fee”). A Processing Fee of $29.95 will be charged for the cancellation of any one-year annual hosting, ecommerce, or Website design package. The Processing Fees for cancellation of multi-year packages will be: $24.95 per year for two-year packages, $19.95 per year for three-year packages, $14.95 per year for five-year packages and $9.95 per year for ten-year packages. Unless otherwise specified herein or on our Website, each Network Solutions service is for a one-year initial term and renewable thereafter for successive one to ten-year terms, as set forth during the renewal process. Any renewal of your services with us is subject to our then current terms and conditions, including, but not limited to, successful completion of any applicable authentication procedure, and payment of all applicable service fees at the time of renewal and in the case of domain name re-registration, the domain name registry’s acceptance of your domain name registration. Except with respect to service to which you subscribe on a monthly basis, we will endeavor to provide you notice prior to the renewal of your services at least fifteen (15) days in advance of the renewal date. Additional payment terms may apply to the Network Solutions services you purchase, as set forth in the applicable Schedules to this Agreement. Pricing for services, renewals, and product upgrades and add-ons may vary based upon the date of your purchase. We may provide you with an opportunity to “opt in” to our automatic renewal process in accordance with the instructions (and subject to your agreement to the terms and conditions pertaining to that process) on our Website. You agree that if you use of our auto-renew service, we will attempt to renew your service approximately sixty (60) days prior to its expiration , for the same term then-currently in place for the service, and at the then-current price for the service. You acknowledge and agree that the renewal price may be higher or lower than the price you paid for the then-current term of the service, and that we are authorized to charge your credit card or other payment method (such as PayPal®) on file for the renewal of the service(s). In any event, you are solely responsible for the credit card or payment information you provide to Network Solutions and must promptly inform Network Solutions of any changes thereto (e.g., change of expiration date or account number). In addition, you are solely responsible for ensuring the services are renewed. Network Solutions shall have no liability to you or any third party in connection with the renewal as described herein, including, but not limited to, any failure or errors in renewing the services. In order to process a renewal under our auto-renew service, we may use third-party vendors for the purpose of updating the expiration date and account number of your credit card or payment method on file. Such third-party vendors maintain relationships with various credit card issuers and may be able to provide us with the updated expiration date and account number for your credit card by comparing the information we have on file with the information the third-party has on file. By selecting our auto-renew service, you acknowledge and agree that we may share your credit card or other payment method information with such a third-party vendor for the purpose of obtaining any update to your credit card expiration date, account number, or payment account. You agree to pay all value added, sales and other taxes (other than taxes based on Network Solutions income) related to Network Solutions services or payments made by you hereunder. All payments of fees for Network Solutions services s hall be made in U.S. dollars. Set up fees, if any, will become payable on the applicable effective date for the applicable Network Solutions services. All sums due and payable that remain unpaid after any applicable cure period herein will accrue interest as a late charge of 1.5% per month or the maximum amount allowed by law, whichever is less. In the event of non-payment by a Net-30 Customer on any amount of any invoice, Network Solutions reserves the right to refer such invoice and Net-30 Customer to a collection agency in order for Network Solutions to secure payment on the invoice. Network Solutions may terminate any or all of the Services of a Net-30 Customer who fails to pay an invoice in a timely fashion. Network Solutions may charge a late fee(s) to Net-30 Customers for late payment of an invoice or a reinstatement fee(s) to Net-30 Customers who wish to reinstate Service(s) that have been terminated due to non-payment.
4. ACCURATE INFORMATION. You agree to: (1) provide certain true, current, complete and accurate information about you as required by the application process; and (2) maintain and update according to our modification procedures the information you provided to us when purchasing our services as needed to keep it current, complete and accurate. We rely on this information to send you important information and notices regarding your account and our services. You agree that Network Solutions (itself or through its third party service providers) is authorized, but not obligated, to use Coding Accuracy Support System (CASS) certified software and/or the National Change of Address program (and/or such other systems or programs as may be recognized by the United States Postal Service or other international postal authority for updating and/or standardizing address information) to change any address information associated with your account (e.g., registrant address, billing contact address, etc.), and you agree that Network Solutions may use and rely upon any such changed address information for all purposes in connection with your account (including the sending of invoices and other important account information) as though such changes had been made directly by you.
5. PRIVACY. Our privacy statement, (a) for Websites and/or value added services purchased through www.netsolwebsites.com is located on our Website at http://www.networksolutions.com/legal/privacy-policy.jsp and is incorporated herein by reference, as it is applicable to such Website purchases (other services purchased through www.netsolwebsites.com, including, but not limited to, domain name registrations, are covered by the privacy statement set forth on our Web site at http://www.networksolutions.com/legal/privacy-policy.jsp), (b) for Network Solutions services purchased through www.mycomputer.com is located on our Website at http://www.mycomputer.com/agreements/privacy_policy.html and is incorporated herein by reference for all such Network Solutions services, and (d) for all other Network Solutions services is located on our Website at http://www.networksolutions.com/legal/privacy-policy.jsp and is incorporated herein by reference for all such Network Solutions services. The applicable privacy statement sets forth your and our rights and responsibilities with regard to your personal information. You agree that we, in our sole discretion, may modify our privacy statement. We will post such revised statement on our Website at least thirty (30) calendar days before it becomes effective. You agree that, by using our services after modifications to the privacy statement become effective, you have agreed to these modifications. You acknowledge that if you do not agree to any such modification, you may terminate this Agreement. We will not refund any fees paid by you if you terminate your Agreement with us except as otherwise expressly provided in one or more of the Schedules attached hereto. We will not process the personal data that we collect from you in a way incompatible with the purposes and other limitations described in our privacy statement. You represent and warrant that you have provided notice to, and obtained consent from, any third party individuals whose personal data you supply to us as part of our services with regard to: (i) the purposes for which such third party’s personal data has been collected, (ii) the intended recipients or categories of recipients of the third party’s personal data, (iii) which parts of the third party’s data are obligatory and which parts, if any, are voluntary; and (iv) how the third party can access and, if necessary, rectify the data held about them. You further agree to provide such notice and obtain such consent with regard to any third party personal data you supply to us in the future. We are not responsible for any consequences resulting from your failure to provide notice or receive consent from such individuals nor for your providing outdated, incomplete or inaccurate information.
6. OWNERSHIP. Except as otherwise set forth herein, all right, title and interest in and to all, (i) registered and unregistered trademarks, service marks and logos; (ii) patents, patent applications, and patentable ideas, inventions, and/or improvements; (iii) trade secrets, proprietary information, and know-how; (iv) all divisions, continuations, reissues, renewals, and extensions thereof now existing or hereafter filed, issued, or acquired; (v) registered and unregistered copyrights including, without limitation, any forms, images, audiovisual displays, text, software and (vi) all other intellectual property, proprietary rights or other rights related to intangible property which are used, developed, comprising, embodied in, or practiced in connection with any of the Network Solutions services identified herein (“Network Solutions Intellectual Property Rights”) are owned by Network Solutions or its licensors, and you agree to make no claim of interest in or ownership of any such Network Solutions Intellectual Property Rights. You acknowledge that no title to the Network Solutions Intellectual Property Rights is transferred to you, and that you do not obtain any rights, express or implied, in the Network Solutions or its licensors’ service, other than the rights expressly granted in this Agreement. To the extent that you create any Derivative Work (any work that is based upon one or more preexisting versions of a work provided to you, such as an enhancement or modification, revision, translation, abridgement, condensation, expansion, collection, compilation or any other form in which such preexisting works may be recast, transformed or adapted) such Derivative Work shall be owned by Network Solutions and all right, title and interest in and to each such Derivative Work shall automatically vest in Network Solutions. Network Solutions shall have no obligation to grant you any right in any such Derivative Work.
7. EXCLUSIVE REMEDY; TIME LIMITATION ON FILING ANY CLAIM. YOU AGREE THAT OUR ENTIRE LIABILITY, AND YOUR EXCLUSIVE REMEDY, IN LAW, IN EQUITY, OR OTHERWISE, WITH RESPECT TO ANY NETWORK SOLUTIONS SERVICE(S) PROVIDED UNDER THIS AGREEMENT AND/OR FOR ANY BREACH OF THIS AGREEMENT IS SOLELY LIMITED TO THE AMOUNT YOU PAID FOR SUCH SERVICE(S) DURING THE TERM OF THIS AGREEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL NETWORK SOLUTIONS, ITS LICENSORS AND CONTRACTORS (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THIRD PARTIES PROVIDING SERVICES AS PART OF THE SUBSCRIPTION SERVICE FOR WEBSITES FROM NETWORK SOLUTIONS) BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES EVEN IF NETWORK SOLUTIONS HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. TO THE EXTENT THAT A STATE DOES NOT PERMIT THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY AS SET FORTH HEREIN NETWORK SOLUTIONS’S LIABILITY IS LIMITED TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW IN SUCH STATES. Network Solutions and its licensors and contractors disclaim any and all loss or liability resulting from, but not limited to: (1) loss or liability resulting from access delays or access interruptions; (2) loss or liability resulting from data non-delivery or data mis-delivery; (3) loss or liability resulting from acts of God; (4) loss or liability resulting from the unauthorized use or misuse of your account number, password or security authentication option; (5) loss or liability resulting from errors, omissions, or misstatements in any and all information or service(s) provided under this agreement; (6) loss or liability relating to the deletion of or failure to store email messages; (7) loss or liability resulting from the development or interruption of your Website or your Network Solutions Website; (8) loss or liability from your inability to use our email service, Website manager service or any component of the subscription service (for websites from Network Solutions); (9) loss or liability that you may incur in connection with our processing of your application for our services, our processing of any authorized modification to your domain name record or your agent’s failure to pay any fees, including the initial registration fee or re-registration fee; (10) loss or liability as a result of the application of our dispute policy; or (11) loss or liability relating to limitations, incompatibilities, defects, or other problems inherent in xml, xkms, or any other standard not under Network Solutions sole control. YOU AGREE THAT REGARDLESS OF ANY STATUTE OR LAW TO THE CONTRARY, ANY CLAIM OR CAUSE OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THIS AGREEMENT OR ANY OF OUR SERVICES MUST BE FILED WITHIN ONE (1) YEAR AFTER SUCH CLAIM OR CAUSE OF ACTION AROSE OR SUCH CLAIM SHALL BE FOREVER BARRED.
8. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES. YOU AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF OUR SERVICE(S) OR OUR LICENSORS’ SERVICES IS SOLELY AT YOUR OWN RISK. YOU AGREE THAT ALL OF SUCH SERVICES ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS,” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, EXCEPT AS OTHERWISE NOTED IN THIS AGREEMENT. WE AND OUR LICENSORS EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. NEITHER NETWORK SOLUTIONS NOR OUR LICENSORS MAKE ANY WARRANTY THAT SERVICE(S) LICENSED HEREUNDER WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, OR THAT THE SERVICE(S) WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR FREE; NOR DO WE OR OUR LICENSORS MAKE ANY WARRANTY AS TO THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE SERVICE(S) OR AS TO THE ACCURACY OR RELIABILITY OF ANY INFORMATION OBTAINED THROUGH OUR SERVICES. YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT ANY MATERIAL AND/OR DATA DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THE USE OF OUR SERVICES IS DONE AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK AND THAT YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE DOWNLOAD OF SUCH MATERIAL AND/OR DATA. WE MAKE NO WARRANTY REGARDING ANY GOODS OR SERVICES PURCHASED OR OBTAINED THROUGH ANY OF OUR SERVICES OR ANY TRANSACTIONS ENTERED INTO THROUGH SUCH SERVICES. NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY YOU FROM US OR THROUGH OUR SERVICES SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY MADE HEREIN, YOU MAY NOT RELY ON ANY SUCH INFORMATION OR ADVICE. TO THE EXTENT JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES, SOME OF THE ABOVE EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR AND SHALL HAVE NO LIABILITY WITH RESPECT TO ANY PRODUCTS AND/OR SERVICES PURCHASED BY YOU FROM A THIRD PARTY.
9. INDEMNITY. You agree to release, indemnify, defend and hold harmless Network Solutions and any of our (or their) contractors, agents, employees, officers, directors, shareholders, affiliates and assigns from all liabilities, claims, damages, costs and expenses, including reasonable attorneys’ fees and expenses, relating to or arising out of (a) this Agreement or the breach of your warranties, representations and obligations under this Agreement, (b) the Network Solutions services or your use of such services, including without limitation infringement or dilution by you, or someone else using our service(s) from your computer, (c) any intellectual property or other proprietary right of any person or entity, (d) a violation of any of our operating rules or policies relating to the service(s) provided, (e) any information or data you supplied to Network Solutions, including, without limitation, any misrepresentation in your application, if applicable, (f) the inclusion of metatags or other elements in any website created for you or by you via the Network Solutions services, or (g) any information, material, or services available on your licensed Network Solutions Website . When we are threatened with suit or sued by a third party, we may seek written assurances from you concerning your promise to indemnify us. Such assurances may, without limitation, be in the form of a deposit of money by you to us or our representatives to cover our fees and expenses, including but not limited to reasonable attorneys’ fees, in any such suit or threat of suit. Your failure to provide such assurances may be considered by us to be a material breach of this Agreement. We shall have the right to participate in any defense by you of a third-party claim related to your use of any of the Network Solutions services, with counsel of our choice. We shall reasonably cooperate in the defense at your request and expense. You shall have sole responsibility to defend us against any claim, but you must receive our prior written consent regarding any related settlement. The terms of this paragraph will survive any termination or cancellation of this Agreement.
a. By You. You may terminate this Agreement upon at least thirty (30) days written notice to Network Solutions for any reason.
b. By Us. We may terminate this Agreement or any part of the Network Solutions services at any time in the event you breach any obligation hereunder, fail to respond within ten (10) calendar days to an inquiry from us concerning the accuracy or completeness of the information referred to in Section 4 of this Agreement, if we determine in our sole discretion that you have violated the Network Solutions Acceptable Use Policy, which is located on our Website at http://www.networksolutions.com/legal/aup.jsp and is incorporated herein and made part of this Agreement by reference, or upon thirty (30) days prior written notice if we terminate or significantly alter a product or service offering.
c. Effect of Termination. Except as otherwise expressly set forth herein or on our Website, Network Solutions will cease charging your credit card, if applicable, for any monthly service fees as of the expiration of the monthly billing cycle in which the termination is effective. Unless otherwise specified in writing by Network Solutions, you will not receive any refund for payments already made by you as of the date of termination, and, you may incur additional fees (in the case of a monthly or annual subscription being paid over time, as provided in various Schedules below). If termination of this Agreement is due to your default hereunder, you shall bear all costs of such termination, including any reasonable costs Network Solutions incurs in closing your account. You agree to pay any and all costs incurred by Network Solutions in enforcing your compliance with this Section. Upon termination, you shall destroy any copy of the materials licensed to you hereunder and referenced herein. You agree that upon termination or discontinuance for any reason, we may delete all information related to you on the Network Solutions service, if applicable. In addition to the terms set forth herein, certain Network Solutions services may have additional terms regarding termination, which are set forth in the applicable Schedule.
d. Effect of Termination of Solutions or Bundled Services. In addition to the terms set forth in subsection 10(c) above, if you purchase Network Solutions services which are sold together as a solution or bundled package of Services, any termination relating to such solution will terminate all Network Solutions services included in such bundle. For instance, without limiting the generality of the foregoing, any domain name (nsWebAddress™) registered with or maintained by Network Solutions under this Agreement (but not including any domain names you may have registered, either with Network Solutions or a third-party registrar, separately and not as part of a bundled service may be cancelled and may thereafter be available for registration by another party. You acknowledge and agree that upon any termination or cancellation of your bundled services or solution the terms and conditions regarding transfer of expired domain names as described in this Service Agreement, Schedule A, paragraph 14 may apply. Upon the effective date of termination, Network Solutions will no longer provide the solution or bundled Services to you, any licenses granted you shall immediately terminate, and you shall cease using such services immediately; provided, however, that we may, in our sole discretion and subject to your agreeing to be bound by the applicable agreement(s) and to pay the applicable fees, allow you to convert certain services included in the bundled services to stand alone services. Should you or we cancel or terminate your Services at any time prior to the completion of the one-year term, such cancellation or termination may result in an early termination fee charged to your account.
e. If you breach any term of this Agreement including, but not limited to, this terms of any Schedule, Network Solutions may, in its sole and exclusive discretion, suspend or terminate your Services immediately and without notice to you. Service Fees may continue to accrue on suspended accounts and you will continue to remain responsible for the payment of any Service Fees that accrue during the period of suspension.
11. REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES. You agree and warrant that: (i) neither your registration nor use of the any of the Network Solutions services nor the manner in which you intend to use such Network Solutions Services will directly or indirectly infringe the legal rights of a third party, (ii) you have all requisite power and authority to execute this Agreement and to perform your obligations hereunder, (iii) you have selected the necessary security option(s) for your domain name registration record, (iv) you are of legal age to enter into this Agreement (or you are at least 13 years of age and have your parents’ permission to apply for services hereunder); and (vi) you agree to comply with all applicable laws and regulations.
12. MODIFICATIONS TO AGREEMENT. Except as otherwise provided in this Agreement, you agree during the term of this Agreement, that we may: (1) revise the terms and conditions of this Agreement; and/or (2) change part of the Services provided under this Agreement at any time. Any such revision or change will be binding and effective 30 days after posting of the revised Agreement or change to the service(s) on Network Solutions Websites, or upon notification to you by email or United States mail. You agree to periodically review our Websites, including the current version of this Agreement available on our Websites, to be aware of any such revisions. If you do not agree with any revision to the Agreement, you may terminate this Agreement at any time by providing us with notice. Notice of your termination will be effective on receipt and processing by us. Any fees paid by you if you terminate your Agreement with us are nonrefundable, except as expressly noted otherwise in one or more of the Schedules to this Agreement, but you will not incur any additional fees. By continuing to use Network Solutions Services after any revision to this Agreement or change in service(s), you agree to abide by and be bound by any such revisions or changes. We are not bound by nor should you rely on any representation by (i) any agent, representative or employee of any third party that you may use to apply for our services; or in (ii) information posted on our Website of a general informational nature. No employee, contractor, agent or representative of Network Solutions is authorized to alter or amend the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
13. ACCOUNT ACCESS. To access or use the Network Solutions services or to modify your account, you may be required to establish an account and obtain a login name, account number, password and/or passphrase. You authorize us to process any and all account transactions initiated through the use of your password and/or passphrase. You are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and passphrase. You must immediately notify us of any unauthorized use of your password or passphrase, and you are responsible for any unauthorized activities, charges and/or liabilities made through your password or passphrase. In no event will we be liable for the unauthorized use or misuse of your login name, account number, password or passphrase. You agree that we may log off any account that is inactive for an extended period of time.
14. AGENTS. You agree that, if your agent, (e.g., your Primary Contact or Account Administrative Contact, Internet Service Provider, employee) purchased our service(s) on your behalf, you are nonetheless bound as a principal by all terms and conditions herein, including the domain name dispute policy. Your continued use of our services ratifies any unauthorized actions of your agent. By using your login name, account number or password, or otherwise purporting to act on your behalf, your agent certifies that he or she is authorized to apply for our services on your behalf, that he or she is authorized to bind you to the terms and conditions of this Agreement, that he or she has apprised you of the terms and conditions of this Agreement, and that he or she is otherwise authorized to act on your behalf. In addition, you are responsible for any errors made by your agent.
16. RIGHT OF REFUSAL. We, in our sole discretion, reserve the right to refuse to register your chosen domain name, issue you a digital certificate, or register you for other Network Solutions service(s), or to delete your chosen domain name within the first thirty (30) calendar days from receipt of your payment for such services. In the event we do not register your chosen domain name, issue you a digital certificate, or register you for other Network Solutions service(s), or we delete your chosen domain name or other Network Solutions service(s) within such thirty (30) calendar day period, we agree to refund any applicable fee(s) you have paid. You agree that we shall not be liable to you for loss or damages that may result from our refusal to register your chosen domain name, refusal to issue a digital certificate, the deletion of your chosen domain name or refusal to register you for other Network Solutions service(s).
17. NOTICES AND ANNOUNCEMENTS. (a) Except as expressly provided otherwise herein, all notices to Network Solutions shall be in writing and delivered via overnight courier or certified mail, return receipt requested to Network Solutions, LLC, Attention: Legal Department, 13861 Sunrise Valley Drive, Herndon, Virginia 20171. All notices to you shall be delivered to your mailing address or email address as provided in your account information (as updated by you pursuant to this Agreement) or to any email address associated with your domain name registration(s) with Network Solutions. (b) You authorize us to contact you as our customer via telephone, at the number provided by you in your account information (as updated by you pursuant to this Agreement), which telephone number is incorporated herein by reference, email or postal mail regarding information that we deem is of potential interest to you. Notices and announcements may include commercial emails, telephone solicitations and other notices describing changes, upgrades, new products and services or other information pertaining to Internet security or to enhance your identity on the Internet and/or other relevant matters.
18. SEVERABILITY. You agree that the terms of this Agreement are severable. If any term or provision is declared invalid or unenforceable, in whole or in part, that term or provision will not affect the remainder of this Agreement; this Agreement will be deemed amended to the extent necessary to make this Agreement enforceable, valid and, to the maximum extent possible consistent with applicable law, consistent with the original intentions of the parties; and the remaining terms and provisions will remain in full force and effect.
19. ENTIRE AGREEMENT. You agree that this Agreement, the rules and policies incorporated by reference in this Agreement (including, without limitation, the dispute policy and the privacy statement) are the entire, complete and exclusive agreement between you and us regarding our services and supersede all prior agreements and understandings, whether written or oral, or whether established by custom, practice, policy or precedent, with respect to the subject matter of this Agreement, including, without limitation, any purchase order provided by you for the services.
20. ASSIGNMENT AND RESALE. Except as otherwise set forth herein, your rights under this Agreement are not assignable or transferable. Any attempt by your creditors to obtain an interest in your rights under this Agreement, whether by attachment, levy, garnishment or otherwise, renders this Agreement voidable at our option. You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or otherwise exploit for any commercial purposes any of the services (or portion thereof) without Network Solutions prior express written consent.
21. GOVERNING LAW.
a. You and Network Solutions agree that this Agreement and any disputes hereunder shall be governed in all respects by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia, United States of America, excluding its conflict of laws rules. You and we each agree to submit to exclusive subject matter jurisdiction, personal jurisdiction and venue of the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia, Alexandria Division for any disputes between you and Network Solutions under, arising out of, or related in any way to this Agreement (whether or not such disputes also involve other parties in addition to you and Network Solutions). If there is no jurisdiction in the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia, Alexandria Division, for any such disputes, you and we agree that exclusive jurisdiction and venue shall be in the courts of Fairfax County, Fairfax, Virginia.
b. The parties hereby waive any right to jury trial with respect to any action brought in connection with this Agreement.
c. The application of the United Nations Convention of Contracts for the International Sale of Goods is expressly excluded.
22. AGREEMENT TO BE BOUND. By applying for a Network Solutions service(s) through our online application process or otherwise, or by using the service(s) provided by Network Solutions under this Agreement, you acknowledge that you have read and agree to be bound by all terms and conditions of this Agreement and documents incorporated by reference.
23. INDEPENDENT PARTIES. Neither party nor their employees, consultants, contractors or agents are agents, employees or joint ventures of the other party, and they do not have any authority to bind the other party by contract or otherwise to any obligation. Each party shall ensure that the foregoing persons shall not represent to the contrary, either expressly, implicitly, by appearance or otherwise.
24. WAIVER. No waiver of any provision of this Agreement shall be effective unless it is in writing and signed by an authorized representative of Network Solutions. The remedies of Network Solutions under this Agreement shall be cumulative and not alternative, and the election of one remedy for a breach shall not preclude pursuit of other remedies. The failure of a party, at any time or from time to time, to require performance of any obligations of the other party hereunder shall not affect its right to enforce any provision of this Agreement at a subsequent time, and the waiver of any rights arising out of any breach shall not be construed as a waiver of any rights arising out of any prior or subsequent breach.
25. EXPORT RESTRICTIONS. You acknowledge and agree that you shall not import, export, or re-export directly or indirectly, any commodity, including your products incorporating or using any Network Solutions services in violation of the laws and regulations of any applicable jurisdiction.
26. U.S. Government Users. In the event any software is provided by Network Solutions to a U.S. Government User, the software and accompanying documentation which are used as part of the Network Solutions service are “commercial items,” as such terms are defined at 48 C.F.R. 2.101 (Revised Oct 2002), consisting of “commercial computer software” and “commercial computer software documentation,” as such terms are used in 48 C.F.R. 12.212 (Revised Oct 2002) and is provided to the U.S. Government only as a commercial end item. Consistent with 48 C.F.R. 12.212 and 48 C.F.R. 227.7202-1 through 227.7202-4 (Revised Oct 2002), all U.S. Government entities acquiring the use of the Service and accompanying documentation shall have only those rights set forth herein.
27. FORCE MAJEURE. Neither party shall be deemed in default hereunder, nor shall it hold the other party responsible for, any cessation, interruption or delay in the performance of its obligations hereunder due to causes beyond its control including, but not limited to: earthquake; flood; fire; storm; natural disaster; act of God; war; terrorism; armed conflict; labor strike; lockout; boycott; supplier failures, shortages, breaches, or delays; or any law, order regulation, direction, action or request of the government, including any federal, state and local governments having or claiming jurisdiction over Network Solutions, or of any department, agency, commission, bureau, corporation or other instrumentality of any federal, state, or local government, or of any civil or military authority; or any other cause or circumstance, whether of a similar or dissimilar nature to the foregoing, beyond the reasonable control of the affected party, provided that the party relying upon this section (i) shall have given the other party written notice thereof promptly and, in any event, within five (5) days of discovery thereof and (ii) shall take all steps reasonably necessary under the circumstances to mitigate the effects of the force majeure event upon which such notice is based; provided further, that in the event a force majeure event described in this Section extends for a period in excess of thirty (30) days in the aggregate, Network Solutions may immediately terminate this Agreement.
28. HEADINGS. The section headings appearing in this Agreement are inserted only as a matter of convenience and in no way define, limit, construe or describe the scope or extent of such section or in any way affect such section.
29. SURVIVAL. In the event this Agreement terminates as provided herein, Sections 1, 2, 3, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10(c), 10(d), 11, 14, 15, and 17 through 29 of this Agreement shall survive such expiration or termination.
30. AIRLINE FREQUENT FLYER MILES. Network Solutions may provide you with the opportunity to receive airline frequent flyer miles (“Miles”) with select airlines as determined by Network Solutions, in its sole discretion from time to time, for qualifying purchases in accordance with the terms and conditions set forth on our Website. You acknowledge and agree that (a) any Miles accrued and awards issued are subject to the terms and conditions of the applicable frequent flyer program, (b) all applicable taxes and fees related to such Miles and/or award travel are your responsibility, (c) in order to earn Miles for qualifying purchases the name on your Network Solutions account and the applicable frequent flyer account must match, (d) Network Solutions has your permission to provide your account information to the applicable airline granting any such Miles, (e) you will only be eligible to receive up to one hundred thousand (100,000) American Airlines® AAdvantage® Miles during a 12-month period if you are a U.S. entity or citizen or sixty thousand (60,000) American Airlines AAdvantage Miles during a 12-month period if you are a non-US entity or citizen, (f) you will only be eligible to receive up to fifty thousand (50,000) United® Mileage Plus® Miles during a 12-month period, (g) all Delta SkyMiles® credited to your Delta SkyMiles program account shall be standard miles and shall not count toward medallion or other elite status unless otherwise stated by Delta, (h) all US Airways® Dividend Miles terms and conditions apply, and (i) all claims related to or arising from uncredited Miles must be made within one (1) year of the date of any such qualifying purchase. Please allow 8-10 weeks for miles to be posted to the applicable frequent flyer account. Miles will be processed after two full months of service for Web Hosting transactions. You are eligible to earn Miles for qualifying purchases unless otherwise stated by the applicable airline frequent flyer program, your employer or other third party.
American Airlines and AAdvantage are registered marks of American Airlines, Inc.
American Airlines reserves the right to change the AAdvantage program at any time without notice. American Airlines is not responsible for products or services offered by other participating companies. For complete details about the AAdvantage program, visit www.aa.com. United® and Mileage Plus® are registered trademarks of United Air Lines, Inc. United may change Mileage Plus program rules, regulations, travel awards and special offers or terminate the Mileage Plus program at any time and without notice. United, its subsidiaries, affiliates, and agents are not responsible for any products and services of other participating companies. For complete details about the Mileage Plus program, visit www.united.com. Network Solutions reserves the right to end or amend this program without notice.
SERVICE SPECIFIC TERMS: The following terms apply in addition to Sections 1 through 30 only if you have purchased the particular Service described or if the Service was purchased as part of a bundled solution:
SCHEDULE A TO NETWORK SOLUTIONS SERVICE AGREEMENT
ADDITIONAL TERMS APPLICABLE TO REGISTRANTS OF DOMAIN NAMES (nsWebAddress™)
The terms in this Schedule apply to the registration and use of an nsWebAddress™ or domain name.
1. Security. Network Solutions does not guarantee the security of your domain name registration records, and you assume all risks that the password and/or passphrase you select may be compromised as a result of fraudulent, unauthorized or illegal activity.
2. Fees and Payment. Initial domain name registrations, and domain name registrations that have passed the registration agreement’s anniversary date, must be in a paid status to transfer, delete, modify, or otherwise to request Network Solutions to affect the domain name record or to provide domain name services. Domain name registrations in an unpaid status are routinely deleted on a regular basis.
3. Transfers and Licensing of Use. You agree that you may not transfer your domain name registration to another domain name registrar during the first sixty (60) days from the effective date of your initial domain name registration with us. In addition, you agree that you may not transfer your domain registration to another domain name registrar for thirty (30) days after there has been a change in your Primary Contact information or WHOIS Administrative Contact information for your account(s). You may transfer your domain name registration to a third party of your choice, subject to the procedures and conditions found at: http://www.networksolutions.com/legal/static-service-agreement.jsp#rnca, incorporated herein by reference. Even if you license the use of our domain name registration services to a third party, you remain responsible for complying with all terms and conditions of this Agreement, and you accept liability for harm caused by such licensee’s wrongful use of our domain name registration services, unless you promptly disclose the identity of such license upon request by any person who provides reasonable evidence of actionable harm.
4. Network Solutions’ Disclosure of Certain Information. Subject to the requirements of our privacy statement, in order for us to comply the current rules and policies for the domain name system, you hereby grant to Network Solutions the right to disclose to third parties through an interactive publicly accessible registration database (such as WHOIS) the following mandatory information that you are required to provide when registering or reserving a domain name: (i) the domain name(s) registered by you; (ii) your name and postal address; (iii) the name(s), postal address(es), email address(es), voice telephone number and where available the fax number(s) of the technical, administrative and billing contacts for your domain name(s); (iv) the Internet protocol numbers of the primary nameserver and secondary nameserver(s) for such domain name(s); (v) the corresponding names of those nameservers; (vi) the original creation date of the registration; and (vii) the expiration date of the registration. If you are an individual who wishes to opt out of having your information displayed in the WHOIS database, you must choose the Private Registration service that is described in Schedule D to this Agreement. You consent to allow us to transmit this registration data to an ICANN approved or designated escrow agent who stores this information pursuant to ICANN requirements. You also grant to Network Solutions the right to make this information available in bulk form to third parties who agree not to use it to (a) allow, enable or otherwise support the transmission of mass unsolicited, commercial advertising or solicitations via telephone, facsimile, or email (spam) or (b) enable high volume, automated, electronic processes that apply to our systems to register domain names.
5. Domain Name Dispute Policy. If you registered a domain name through us, you agree to be bound by our current domain name dispute policy that is incorporated herein and made a part of this Agreement by reference. The current version of the domain name dispute policy may be found at our Website: http://www.icann.org/dndr/udrp/policy.htm. In the event of any inconsistency between the provisions in this Agreement and those in the domain name dispute policy, the provisions of this Agreement shall prevail.
6. Domain Name Dispute Policy Modifications. You agree that we, in our sole discretion, may modify our dispute policy. We will post any such revised policy on our Website at least thirty (30) calendar days before it becomes effective. You agree that, by maintaining the reservation or registration of your domain name after modifications to the dispute policy become effective, you have agreed to these modifications. You acknowledge that if you do not agree to any such modification, you may terminate this Agreement. We will not refund any fees paid by you if you terminate your Agreement with us.
7. Domain Name Disputes Brought by Third Parties. You agree that, if your use of our domain name registration services is challenged by a third party, you will be subject to the provisions specified in our dispute policy in effect at the time of the dispute. For the adjudication of any disputes brought by a third party against you concerning or arising from your use of a domain name registered with us or your use of our domain name registration services, you (but not Network Solutions) agree to submit to subject matter jurisdiction, personal jurisdiction and venue of the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia, Alexandria Division and the courts of your domicile. You agree that in the event a domain name dispute arises with any third party, you will indemnify and hold us harmless pursuant to the terms and conditions set forth below in this Agreement. If we are notified that a complaint has been filed with a judicial or administrative body regarding your use of our domain name registration services, you agree not to make any changes to your domain name record without our prior approval. We may not allow you to make changes to such domain name record until (i) we are directed to do so by the judicial or administrative body, or (ii) we receive notification by you and the other party contesting your registration and use of our domain name registration services that the dispute has been settled. Furthermore, you agree that if you are subject to litigation regarding your registration and use of our domain name registration services, we may deposit control of your domain name record into the registry of the judicial body by supplying a party with a registrar certificate from us. You agree that we will comply with all court orders, domestic or international, directed against you and/or the domain name registration.
8. No Guaranty. You agree that, by registration of your chosen domain name, such registration does not confer immunity from objection to either the registration or use of your domain name.
9. Revocation. You agree that we may suspend, cancel or transfer your services, including, but not limited to, domain name registration services in order to: (i) correct mistakes made by us, another registrar or the registry in registering your chosen domain name: (ii) to resolve a dispute under our domain name dispute policy: or (iii) to remedy an unauthorized change in the domain name account.
10. Survival. In the event the Agreement or this Schedule terminates, Sections 4, 5, 6, 7, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 and 21 of this Schedule shall survive such expiration or termination.
11. Under Construction Page. You acknowledge and agree that any or all domain names that are (i) registered with Network Solutions, (ii) hosted on a Network Solutions domain name server, and (iii) do not otherwise resolve to an active Website, may resolve to an “under construction” or similar temporary Web page (“Under Construction Page”), and that Network Solutions may place on any such Under Construction Page promotions and advertisements for, and links to, Network Solutions’ Website, Network Solutions product and service offerings, third-party Websites, third-party product and service offerings, and/or Internet search engines. You agree that Network Solutions may change the content and/or appearance of, or disable, any Under Construction Page at any time, in its sole discretion, and without prior notice. If for any reason, you do not want a domain name to resolve to the Under Construction Page described above, you may select an Under Construction Page that contains only Network Solutions branding and a domain name registration search box, as provided on our Website. You also agree that any domain name directory, sub-directory, file name or path (e.g. ) that does not resolve to an active web page on your Website being hosted by Network Solutions, may be used by Network Solutions to place a “parking” page, “under construction” page, or other temporary page that may include promotions and advertisements for, and links to, Network Solutions’ Website, Network Solutions product and service offerings, third-party Websites, third-party product and service offerings, and/or Internet search engines. You agree that Network Solutions may change the content and/or appearance of, or disable any of these temporary pages at any time, in its sole discretion, and without prior notice.
12. Requests to Change Registrar; Transfers Generally. You agree that Network Solutions may deny any request to transfer a domain name registration that is otherwise capable of transfer to another registrar where you fail to respond appropriately to a transfer confirmation request from Network Solutions. Furthermore, you acknowledge and agree that pursuant to applicable policies adopted by the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (“ICANN”) related to the transfer of domain names it is possible for your domain name to be transferred to another registrar even though the transfer has not actually been approved by you, and you agree that we shall not be liable to you for any such unauthorized transfers. You also acknowledge and agree that we cannot control and shall not be liable to you for the actions of third parties, including but not limited to registry operators, in connection with a domain name transfer, or a reversal of or refusal to reverse a domain name transfer, whether or not the transfer was approved by you.
13. Domain Protect. You agree that we may, but are not obligated to, place your domain name registration in a Domain Protect status to prevent unauthorized transfers of your domain name registration, as described on our Website. You acknowledge and agree that in order to transfer a domain name registration that is in a Domain Protect status, you may first have to access the account manager tool on our Website and remove the domain name registration from Domain Protect status.
14. Grace Period; IP Address Changes; Renewal and Transfer of Expired Domain Names on Your Behalf. You agree that we may, but are not obligated to, allow you to renew your domain name registration services after the domain name expiration date has passed. You agree that after the expiration date of the domain name registration and before it is deleted or renewed, we may direct the domain name to an IP address designated by us, including, without limitation, to an IP address which hosts a parking, under construction or other temporary page that may include promotions and advertisements for, and links to, Network Solutions’ Website, Network Solutions product and service offerings, third-party Websites, third-party product and service offerings, and/or Internet search engines, and you agree that we may place our contact information in the WHOIS output for the expired domain name. Should you not renew the domain name during any applicable grace period, you agree that unless you notify us to the contrary we may, in our sole discretion, renew and transfer the domain name to Network Solutions or a third party on your behalf (such a transaction is hereinafter referred to as a “Direct Transfer”), and your failure to so notify us after the domain name expiration date shall constitute your consent to such a Direct Transfer. In the event we are able to identify such a third party (the “Direct Transfer Customer”) and effectuate such a Direct Transfer, we will notify you via email after the transaction is completed (“Direct Transfer Notification”). Additionally, you will be eligible to receive a portion of the funds received by us as a result of a Direct Transfer of the domain name, as follows: (i) if you registered the domain name with Network Solutions directly through our Website, you will be eligible to receive twenty percent (20%) of the Net Proceeds received by us from our third party vendor as a result of a Direct Transfer; and (ii) if you registered the domain name with Network Solutions through a third party agent (such as your ISP, for example), you will be eligible to receive fifteen percent (15%) of the Net Proceeds received by us from our third party vendor as a result of a Direct Transfer. You acknowledge and agree that the Direct Transfer process may be facilitated through a single Direct Transfer Customer, or through a brief auction involving multiple parties who are interested in the domain name. For purposes of this paragraph, “Net Proceeds” shall mean the total fees paid to us by our third party vendor as a result of a Direct Transfer, less any registry fees, credit card charge-backs, processing and check fees, and other costs or fees associated with the Direct Transfer of the domain name. You agree that we shall have no obligation to pay you, and you shall have no right to receive, any percentage of the Net Proceeds unless, within ninety (90) days after the date of our Direct Transfer Notification, you first provide us with the name, address and related information requested by us (including, but not limited to, a Form W-9, if applicable) in our Direct Transfer Notification. We cannot guarantee, and we make no representation or promise, that any Direct Transfer will occur with respect to any particular domain name. You also agree that in the event your domain name services are terminated by us pursuant to this Agreement, we may transfer your domain name registration to Network Solutions or a third party, without any liability to you or obligation to compensate you in connection therewith.
15. New Customers through a Backorder Service. If you are registering a domain name through a backorder service and that domain name was registered with, and not yet deleted by, Network Solutions at the time of your purchase, you acknowledge and agree that the term of your registration will be for a period of one year from the original expiration date for the domain name immediately prior to your purchase, as the registration is the result of a Direct Transfer (defined above). If you are registering a domain name through a backorder service and the domain name was not registered with Network Solutions at the time of your purchase but was deleted by the applicable top-level domain registry at the time of your purchase, you acknowledge and agree that the term of your registration will be for a period of one year from the date it is initially registered with Network Solutions by the provider of the backorder service.
16. Registration of Premium Resale Domain Names. Premium Resale Domain Names are registered to third party registrants and are made available to you for registration through the Network Solutions storefront. Network Solutions makes no representations or warranties regarding the Premium Resale Domain Names displayed on its storefront and you agree that any dispute that may arise from any registration of a Premium Resale Domain Name shall be directed toward the registrant who has listed the Premium Resale Domain Name on our storefront for purchase. You further agree that Network Solutions shall have no liability whatsoever with respect to the Premium Resale Domain Name registered by you and that the Exclusive Remedy and Indemnity provisions in Sections 7 and 8 of these General Terms shall apply to your registration. If you are registering a Premium Resale Domain Name through our storefront, you acknowledge and agree that the term of your registration will be for a period of one year from the original expiration date for the domain name, as your registration is the result of a transfer from the previous registrant. The registration of a Premium Resale Domains Name may be cancelled only under certain circumstances and within 5 business days from the date of purchase. If you cancel during the 5 day period, you will be charged a processing fee.
17. Sharing of Information. You also acknowledge and agree that Network Solutions will share with each applicable domain name registry which provides Country Code Top Level Domains (“ccTLDs”) or Generic Top Level Domains (“gTLDs”) services, certain information submitted by you in your application(s) for our services, as required by our agreement(s) with the applicable registry or to provide the services you have applied for. You also acknowledge and consent to the use, copying, distribution, publication, modification and other processing of your personal data by the applicable registry and its designees and agents in connection with the applicable registry’s service obligations to us or third parties, or as otherwise deemed necessary by the registry to fulfill the registry’s service obligations to us or any third party.
18. Registry Actions or Inactions. Our ability to provide services to you depends in part upon the provision of services by third parties, such as the registry for each ccTLD or gTLD. We cannot control and will not be responsible for the actions or inactions of such third parties. For example, each registry has reserved the right to deny, cancel or transfer any domain name registration under certain circumstances. You acknowledge and agree that we shall not be liable to you or any other party in connection with claims, damages, losses, expenses or costs incurred or suffered by you as a result of actions taken or not taken by third parties, including, but not limited to, the applicable registry for your ccTLD or gTLD.
19. No Guarantees. We make no guarantees, representations or warranties that your proposed registration request for a domain name will be accepted by the applicable registry. You acknowledge and agree that the proposed registration request for a domain name(s) submitted by Network Solutions to any registry may fail or be rejected by the applicable registry for any number of reasons, including, but not limited to, the fact that your proposed registration request for a domain name was not first in time. You acknowledge and agree that the successful registration will depend upon a number of different factors that Network Solutions cannot predict or control.
20. Indemnification. In addition to Section 9 of the General Provisions of this Agreement on Indemnity, you are to indemnify, release, defend and hold Network Solutions, and each applicable registry for each ccTLD or gTLD harmless for all liabilities, claims, damages, costs and expenses arising out of: (a) your breach of any terms of each Schedule applicable to the domain name you have registered; (b) any violation of a third party’s right related to your registration; (c) any dispute with the applicable registry or a third party arising out of your registration; (d) any dispute related to the submission of your registration to the applicable registry; or (e) any use of the domain name(s) that you register with the applicable registry.
21. Disclaimer Concerning Intellectual Property Protection. YOUR REGISTRATION OF A DOMAIN NAME DOES NOT PROVIDE YOU WITH ANY INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY PROTECTIONS, RIGHTS OR REGISTRATIONS, NOR DOES IT PROVIDE YOU WITH ANY RIGHTS TO ANY PARTICULAR DOMAIN NAME REGISTRATION.
22. Business Profiles. You acknowledge and agree that any or all domain names that are
(i) registered with Network Solutions, (ii) hosted on a Network Solutions domain name
server, and/or (iii) do not otherwise resolve to an active Website, may resolve to an
“business profile” or similar temporary web page (a “Business