Capitalism by definition is a system (‘ism’) designed of by and for ‘capital’ (people with money).
People with surplus money make the decisions about where to apply our economy’s resources and then reap the benefits of the investment. For themselves.
We the People are largely prohibited (privatization) from deciding where to apply resources and are charged for use of those resources.
Private roads. Private railroads. Private health care. Private energy sources. Private communication sources. Private financial resources. etc…
People in Denmark Are Much Happier Than People in the United States. Here’s Why.
Bernie Sanders is going to give a big speech on Democratic Socialism.
I think this presents an opportunity for people to run for Congress in Democratic primaries — or as the ONLY Democrat is some districts — as Democratic Socialists. I’m looking at how to register to run in my district.
You might not win but I think it makes sense to make the case for — and get people thinking about — taxing the rich, corporations and Wall Street transactions and using the money to provide:
● Increases in Social Security
● Free higher education with a stipend while attending
● Low-cost child care
● Help elderly stay in homes and low-cost nursing home care
● Modern mass transit, high-speed rail, etc.
● Well-maintained modern infrastructure (and associated jobs)
● A huge push to solar, wind and other alternative energy, with a weatherization program (and associated jobs)
(The “associated jobs’ thingy is part of a full-employment program.)
Think of other things that We the People can do together to make our lives better — also known as democratic government for the people.