1) Is the White House listening in on Special Prosecutor Fitzgerald’s calls and e-mails as he investigates White House crimes?
2) Was the Bush campaign listening in on calls and e-mails from the people in charge of the Kerry campaign?
3) Is the Bush Administration using the NSA to determine whether applicants for jobs, travel, etc. are Bush supporters or not?
4) Did the NSA tip off the Bush Administration that the federal prosecutor in Guam was looking into Jack Abramoff?
5) Did Bush use this new spying capability to monitor “groups active in causes as diverse as the environment, animal cruelty and poverty relief“?
One F.B.I. document indicates that agents in Indianapolis planned to conduct surveillance as part of a “Vegan Community Project.” Another document talks of the Catholic Workers group’s “semi-communistic ideology.” A third indicates the bureau’s interest in determining the location of a protest over llama fur planned by People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals.
6) When Bush says we are only spying on “the enemy” does he mean that same enemy that Senior White House Advisor and Deputy White House Chief of Staff Karl Rove means when he says,
liberals saw the savagery of the 9/11 attacks and wanted to prepare indictments and offer therapy and understanding for our attackers
Republicans say they are only monitoring the phone calls and e-mails of “the enemy.” But they also say that we – you and I – are “the enemy.”
OK, now go read Yellow Dog Blog.