If Democrats were Republicans, this e-mail message would have been only the first of many, and would have started circulating a year ago:
How many members of the Bush Administration are needed to replace a lightbulb?
The Answer is TEN:
1. One to deny that a light bulb needs to be changed
2. One to attack the patriotism of anyone who says the light bulb needs to be changed
3. One to blame Clinton for burning out the light bulb
4. One to tell the nations of the world that they are either: “For changing the light bulb or for darkness”
5. One to give a billion dollar no-bid contract to Haliburton for the new light bulb
6. One to arrange a photograph of Bush, dressed as a janitor, standing on a stepladder under the banner “Light! Bulb Change Accomplished”
7. One administration insider to resign and write a book documenting in detail how Bush was literally “in the dark”
8. One to viciously smear #7
9. One surrogate to campaign on TV and at rallies on how George Bush has had a strong light bulb-changing policy all along
10. And finally one to confuse Americans about the difference between screwing a light bulb and screwing the country.
One more difference, this e-mail is based entirely on truth.